Becky
New Year's Day we loaded up the car and took a nice road trip. Erika and Austin sat in the very back of our car and watched Garfield almost the entire day. They loved it! We drove to Germany and took the route along the Rhine which has many castles all along the way.
Erika and Austins at Rheimfells castle.

Germany is famous for cucu clocks and it is fun to see the store windows with tons of clocks on display. I love this huge clock that is outside the clock store just below Rhheimfells castle.

We had our New Year's Dinner at Burger King. Fancy huh?
We couldn't get Austin to eat his fries until Dad turned on the video camera.
We had a great day. We were very grateful that Tawny and Joe Campbell let us stay with them. We got to meet their new tiny baby girl. It was really great to visit with them and especially great to see Joe who just returned from Iraq.

The next day we went to explore Heidelberg. Justin got an awesome picture of the town at night.

Heidelberg Castle

I really like this look out tower.

Erika had so much fun taking pictures all day.

Austin, Mom, and Erika at the castle

Andrea in the look out tower

Becky in the look out tower

Austin with Mom in the look out tower.

Cody and Andrea at Heidelberg. I love how you can see the sky through the windows.

Cody and Andrea by the huge wine barrel

view from the castle

Austin saying, "Hey Dad take my picture."

Erika and Austin at the huge wine barrel

After exploring the castle everyone stopped in for a brautworst. Austin loves them! It was cute because Justin asked him for a bite and he absolutly would not share because he wanted to eat the entire thing. After driving around a bit, Justin and Cody spent some time along the river bank getting some nice photos of the city. Then we warmed up in a Resturant and everyone, except for me, had weinersnitzel. We really had a nice day!

Saturday January 3 we took a trip to Trier. This is a city that Justin and Cody's dad, Dale, loved seeing when he was in Germany on his mission. We loved it too.

The Porta Nigra, an old Roman city gate

The Roman Baths

I thought this building had a really neat roof

Justin captured this great shot of Erika taking her pictures

I love details, Justin caught this one of the light post in the church gardens

I love this detail from the cathedral celing in Trier

Austin and Erika were playing around a bit while waiting for us to take pictures.

I thought the church garden was beautiful. I think it is the most beautiful cemetary I have ever seen.

We enjoyed exploring the cathedral, the local gardens, seeing the old Roman ruins, and once again eating brautworst for the day. We had a great time showing Cody and Andrea around Trier and sharing this fun place with them.
2 Responses
  1. You guys always have some gorgeous, Just amazing pictures! It's so good to be able to see all the neat places. Thanks for sharing! :)


  2. Cookie Crum Says:

    Wow what a beautiful place! Maybe I will get there one day.....

    Kim