
When we saw the weather report for a sunny weekend, we decided that it would be a great day to go to the zoo. We took the train to Antwerp and the zoo entrance was just a few steps out the door from the central station. Erika and Austin enjoyed riding the train, it added to the ambience of the adventure for them.

The zoo in Antwerp is the most beautiful zoo I have ever seen. We enjoyed watching all of the animals very much! Justin did a great job at taking pictures of everything.


The gardens at the zoo were very beautiful! I enjoyed that almost as much as seeing the animals.

We really got a kick out of this tree!
Austin and Erika thought that it was really funny that the pink flamingos only stood on one foot. The one in the front with it's leg to the side was stepping around and Erika thought he was dancing.
This giraffe was so funny, it kept licking this tree.

This little otter is the happiest animal I have ever observed. It was being fed when we watched it and it would get a fish, then swim around and eat it with absolute joy. It was so fun to watch.

After seeing animals all day long, some that we hadn't even seen before, we ended our visit by seeing the lions, tigers, and bears. What a great day!


It looks like such a fun time! I love the pictures of you and the kids. I am glad you were able to see more beautiful gardens - I know how much you enjoy them!
What a great day at the zoo! Remember when we took the kids to the Hogle Zoo together all those years ago?
Love the pictures! They are really great. That looks like a beautiful zoo. It's always fun to go visit, but that zoo looks better than ours here!!
Hey again! My email is chelsmcgee@gmail.com!
those are some great pictures! I love the tiger--it lookes like something out of National Gographic.