
Every year it is so hard for me to track down some sweet potatoes in Belgium. It cracks me up that they are located in the "exotic produce" section of the store. I had to take a picture of them this year.
Here is my families favorite sweet potato recipe:
Sweet Potato Soufflé
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup milk
1 cup brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
½ cup butter
2 egg whites, beaten
Mix all ingredients except egg whites. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into potato mixture. Pour into buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle on topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Topping: 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter 1 cup chopped pecans
Cut ingredients together.


Micah and I totally cracked up at those sweet potatoes. I'm glad you tracked them down though because that recipe really is worth it!